Today I went for my first run for a pretty long time and was surprised at how fit I was as I completed 5k in 35 minutes, actually I was shocked. But doing a lot of walking and riding I guess that has contributed to my overall fitness. I’m wanting to participate in the Great East Anglian Run this year and it’s a 10k one so need to get out there. I forgot the feeling of euphoria you get after running, I feel bloody amazing! I would definitely recommend it to help with mental health as well improve fitness and help with weight loss or weight management. ( please visit your primary physician before undergoing high impact exercise for the first time especially if you have health conditions)
I believe I did write in previous posts the importance exercise has on mental wellbeing as well as physical, and I will encourage people to go out and have a walk or do yoga if your having a bad day because it can make all the difference your wellbeing.
The benefits of running are great:
- It boosts your confidence.
- Helps with weight loss ( alongside a healthy diet)
- Relieves stress- yes it does!
- Can help eliminate depression ( of course alongside any therapy and medication you are prescribed for your physiological wellbeing)
- It’s a killer leg work out ( I’m now starting to ache)
- Actually helps prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Runners high is great!
- And best of all it’s free and you need are some quality running trainers!
Not to shabby eh? Oh and some calories can be burnt too.